Sunday 14 September 2014

A.M: Thursday 11th September

In Thursday's lesson we looked at some music videos as a class, these are the ones that particularly inspired me:




Scams-Helicopter Parents
Director- Sing J Less

Editing:

I thought the split screens used through out the video looked very effective and would be a way to make our performance aspects of our video appear more creative.



I liked how some of the split screen would be black and white and the other part saturated.




Mise-en-scene:

I thought that the lighting was used very effectively in this video. For example in one particular shot I thought the shadows and silhouette of the guitarist looked very atmospheric.


Also I liked this shot of a side profile of the singer miming




The UV face paint used on the artists' faces was very effective. It made the video unique and definitely made a simple generic band performance video stand out.



Camera:

I liked the use of ECU shots of the singer miming. We could imitate some shots like this in our video. Also I liked how the camera was constantly moving making all the shots more energetic and interesting.








Torgny - The Only Game 
Director - Emil Trier

I thought the use of smoke was very effective at the start of the video. It created a worrying impression from the start of the clip. Using a technique of foreshadowing would be effective to use in our video.


I thought that shooting at night made a good setting and interesting set. We should consider shooting at night.














The 1975 - Robbers
Director - Tim Mattia

I particularly liked the locations used in this video. I like how the video had a few different locations and that the video jumped between them throughout.






Also i liked the foreshadowing used. Earlier shots connoted signs of chaos which later were juxtapositioned with shots of the characters planning a robbery.





Jess Glynne- Home

What I particularly enjoy about this video is the fact that it is in black and white with flashes of colour.

This is done using the editing technique of overlaying.


I liked how at the start of the video the title of the track appeared in various ways on screen. It made the beginning of the video exciting and interesting as well as advertise the name of the track very well.






I loved this ECU shot of a character miming. I think that the lighting looks very effective.




Other aspects of the video which i liked was the clips which were edited in reverse. It gave the video an interesting and exciting aspect.

I thought the use of a fast cutting rate was very appropriate as it reflects the fast beat of the track. We should consider using this technique.

1 comment:

  1. The title idea here and use of colour is something that could be appropriate for your concept

    ReplyDelete